So, tomorrow will be my first bharatanatyam performance in a very long time
To get ready, I am doing many things.
- Obviously Practice!
- I tried on my costume to make sure everything fit properly. Turns out the blouse didn’t, so I just borrowed a blouse from another. It doesn’t look very professional, and I know other dancers will be confused. But it is a primarily non-Indian audience, so I think I can get away with it😉
- I ironed my costume tonight to make sure everything looked spectacular.
- I got all my dance makeup ready (will post further information on getting dressed tomorrow!)
- I charged my cameras and made sure I had room on the card and extra dvd’s
- I packed a bag of extra clothes so that after the performance I can just take them off!
- I have directions and a map of downtown for parking and the streetcar
- I put my backup CD with my extra clothes
- I have a copy of the emcee program sheet🙂
- I made sure my cash, my entrance ticket, and everything else was already in my bag
- And of course I set out my costume with my timeline for getting ready
I just wanted to put all that not only because I wanted to show how much work actually goes into pulling off a simple 6 minute piece at a festival, but to show how much can go into any dance performance.
I can’t imagine what the night before an arangetram must feel like. All this planning but sooo much more.
A little extra thing I did: I played with my point and shoot camera. I don’t have a SLR or DSLR (as much as I would like one), so I have to make the most out of what I have. I know enough about digital photography that I know what I want. So I tested out my camera on my dogs. I think I got a few nice pictures in actually🙂
I think I like this because it is soft focus, Bella looks just so darn adorable, and the natural light is pretty😉
And I love silhouette shots. This isn’t quite there, but one day I will get a great one… still like it🙂
The texture, the lack of grain, the clarity, the dark background…❤ I could do without the glare in her eyes😦
Pic Spam! Just a few more pics I liked and some closeups of my crazy getting dressed for bharatanatyam table