I’m sure this happens to every blogger, you disappear for a while and then finally make your way back. At this point I feel that I do not really have any followers and that is fine. This is more of a personal documentation, so that I can track how I have been doing. Anyway, apologies for being away, work, dance, just everything kind of pulled me away from the blogging world. That coupled with my broken laptop charging cord kind of put a damper in everything.
I have progressed quite a bit in terms of the arangetram. I am actually quite proud of how things are going seeing how I have no real idea of what I am doing. I feel a bit lost most days when it comes to these things, and I know that I have not just one Guru/Aunty, but three to look to if things get crazy. But I hate running to them every step of the way. A part of me wishes I was able to do this when I was in high school and could have left all the details up to my parents. Unfortunately that is not the cup of tea I am drinking. And I have come to terms with that. But I still feel frazzled.
On that note, I have to say, without Rajam aunty and Kausi aunty, I would have truly lost my mind. They have been the only steady rock in this tumultuous storm, and I am more thankful for that than they can imagine.
So, to the details.
- I have finished learning the Pushpanjali
- I am almost done with the Murugan Kavithuvam (which is taking the place of my Jathiswaram).
- Alarippu is on a DVD… that will be very easy once I get it.
- My varnam is finished, I just need to work on my stamina to make it through the 30 minute piece.
- I still need to speak with Malathi aunty about when to begin working on the Krishna Padam
- Hopefully, I begin work on the Mahakali item soon.
- I begin working on my Kuruthi with Rajam aunty next week.
- I am 1/2 through my thillana, which I am surprised about because guess what….. I am choreographing it myself!
So in a nutshell, I consider my alarippu already done since I have been practicing the school version for the past few days, that means I am halfway through with my items. And I am hoping by the end of April I will have finished learning my items and I can just work on perfecting the pieces and my stamina.
On a very very very off topic note, I just wanted to toot my own horn by saying since I last posted on here, I have lost 15 pounds. Which is amazing seeing how I have gained muscle as well! I am just saying… I’m awesome!
I have a lot more things to say, but I don’t want to crowd one post, so I’ll save it for the next one.
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Videos and photo stream coming soon!